Cyclones 3B Emilio Morales added to All-Star Roster after Thum injury but will he participate in HR Derby?(47.07)

GM: Justin Niles

Moderator: niles08

niles08
BBA GM

Cyclones 3B Emilio Morales added to All-Star Roster after Thum injury but will he participate in HR Derby?(47.07)

Post by niles08 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:54 am

Call it a homer add all you want, but it’s truly a homer add, when you’re adding the Brewster’s 3rd all-time career home run hitter. That’s the news out of Omaha and around the Brewster today, as Dong-Po Thum from Yellow Springs will be unavailable despite being named a starter in the all-star game. Emilio Morales will take his spot as a reserve.

“I take pride and great seriousness in deciding the roster this season. Some will see Omaha names all over the place, but these guys were voted in as reserves by the league. With Thum going down, we need someone who can help at 2B and 3B, and I felt it was a perfect time for me to let Emilio know that he would be representing the Frick in the all-star game this season as a reserve.” Said GM Justin Niles.

We won’t go into much about Morales’s career numbers other than to say this season he sits at a 0.0 WAR through 201 at bats. His 8 home runs this season are by far the lowest he has ever had in his career, as he sits at 697 for his career, 23 short of the all-time home run record.

When asked about the possibility of participating in the home run derby, Morales had the following to say.

“I would love to but I have 8 home runs this season and I don’t want to take anybody’s spot in giving a show to the fans. If a spot is open, though, I couldn’t think of anything better than to attempt to give back to the fans by hitting some balls out of the park.” Said Morales.

So there you have it, I guess it is a "wait and see" type thing for the Home Run Derby.

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: Cyclones 3B Emilio Morales added to All-Star Roster after Thum injury but will he participate in HR Derby?(47.07)

Post by aaronweiner » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:32 pm

Well, I guess he was available on a moment's notice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”