The road to the Brewster Series now leads through Omaha.(46.13)

GM: Justin Niles

Moderator: niles08

niles08
BBA GM

The road to the Brewster Series now leads through Omaha.(46.13)

Post by niles08 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am

With Hawaii & Omaha the remaining playoff teams in the Frick league, Omaha will now have “home field advantage” for the final playoff round leading up to the Brewster Series.

“I wouldn’t have thought after finishing 4th in the division that we would be sitting here heading into the Cartwright Cup with home-field advantage” said Omaha GM Justin Niles. “There wasn’t any wiggle room between Hawaii and us either. We were both 92-70, but apparently we won a tiebreaker somehow or something, I don’t really know.” He continued.

On the season Omaha & Hawaii split their 6 games evenly with each team going 3-3.

“We have our work cut out for us. They are a high octane powered team offensively and have the reigning and likely defending Nebraska winner throwing off the mound. We truly can’t waste opportunities in this series as getting into scoring position will likely not often come” said Niles.

The best of 7 series kicks off tomorrow with Omaha having the first 2 at home, before traveling to Hawaii for 3, and then back to Omaha for the final 2 that are always questionable as needed.

“In a perfect world, we would be able to enjoy Hawaii and celebrate our first trip to the Brewster series while we were down there, but this team is tough. I am expecting this one to go 6 or 7 games and really hoping we can pull this one out for our fans.”

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”