Logan Niles returns to Omaha to face dad’s squad.(46.12)

GM: Justin Niles

Moderator: niles08

niles08
BBA GM

Logan Niles returns to Omaha to face dad’s squad.(46.12)

Post by niles08 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:49 am

With Omaha & Hawaii both advancing to the Cartwright Cup for the honor to play in the Brewster Series, a familiar face returns to Omaha despite never playing on the team.

Logan Niles, the son of Omaha GM Justin Niles, is the current starting shortstop for the Tropics. The drama was known all too well with the younger Niles turning away the Cyclones after they drafted him in the first round a few years back. A surprising move considering Logan not only grew up around the team, but also because of the family drama involved.

“While I would love to see my son succeed, I would rather he do it a different year. There isn’t any lingering family drama and we have actually welcomed Logan to our off-season workouts in years past. All that was years ago. The one person I feel bad for in all of this is my wife, does she cheer for her son or does she cheer for her husband?” Said Omaha GM Justin Niles.

In his first season in the BBA, Logan is currently batting just .213/.247/.344 and has had some growing pains with his glove as well.

Since taking over the Omaha(Indy at the time) GM job in 2030, Justin has as 1494-1510 career record and has made the playoffs 8 times, with all 8 of those appearances coming since the 2034 season. This is his clubs second Cartwright Cup appearance, with the first being in 2044 against Long Beach where Long Beach was victorious in game 7.

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”