Omaha’s Dooley finally looks to have it together.(45.07)

GM: Justin Niles

Moderator: niles08

niles08
BBA GM

Omaha’s Dooley finally looks to have it together.(45.07)

Post by niles08 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Omaha’s Timo Dooley was very good last season, winning 19 games and finishing with a 3.50 ERA in 221 innings pitched. With the departure of Aki Kondo this off-season, many in Omaha questioned whether Dooley could step into that ace role.

Well, questions answered.

After starting the year with a 7-0 record in his first 9 games pitched, Dooley has been magnificent early on this season. His 2.56 ERA is as low as ever, and his K/9 rating has increased a full strikeout per 9 to 6.9, while his BB/9 and HR/9 have lowered.

Dooley has actually watched his ERA drop each season since 2041, dropping with this season being his biggest jump, dropping almost a full run. At age 25, Timo Dooley appears ready to be the workhorse that Omaha has long searched for at the top of its rotation.

Dooley has already thrown 3 complete games this year, joining every other member of the Omaha rotation already having at least 1 complete game. James Browning from division foe Louisville is the early competitor in the Nebraska race, but Browning has found himself with many injuries over the past seasons with his latest being a left elbow injury in August that shut him down for 7 months.

“I’m worried about Landis Trophies, not Nebraska awards.” Said Timo Dooley when questioned on his early season success. “I can be great in April and May, but if I am not great in October then it was all for nothing.”

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”