More rotation changes in Omaha as openers are introduced(39.25)

GM: Justin Niles

Moderator: niles08

niles08
BBA GM

More rotation changes in Omaha as openers are introduced(39.25)

Post by niles08 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 am

Omaha’s rotation has been a struggle once again this season as the club is in the bottom half of the Frick in terms of nearly every pitching stat available to the world. Omaha doesn’t seem content on giving up however as they recently announced more changes to the rotation, several of which are rather large changes.

To sum up a press release sent out by the team earlier today:

1.) The club will be moving to a 4 man rotation.
2.) That four man rotation will consist of 2 starting pitchers and 2 “openers”.
3.) The starters will be Stephen Clulow and Manuel Orozco who recently returned from the IL.
4). The “openers” will be Augusto Cardenas and Jose Lima.
5.) The “followers” will be Carson Stoller & Edris Mtume.

6.) The rotation will not follow a strict order, but instead work on sending out whoever our training staff feels is the highest rested player.

Quite an interesting turn for Omaha to turn their rotation over to such an interesting setup. Obviously Cardenas & Lima are two of the better relievers for Omaha so it makes sense to ensure they are facing the top half of the rotation early on. Stoller has struggled this season so it’s important he begins by facing the back half of the lineup or without guarantee that he will start the game with the 1-3 hitters.

One concern has to be Manuel Orozco. The guy just returned this week from his second rotator cuff tear only to now be announced that he will be running out there potentially every 4th day instead of every 5th day to toss the ball. That’s not to mention if the “training staff” feels he is rested enough to head on out sooner than that.

bcslouck
BBA GM

Re: More rotation changes in Omaha as openers are introduced(39.25)

Post by bcslouck » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 am

Just went to this last sim. I think for now, I'm going to manage it with 7-day lineups but I thought about just setting highest rested. Only issue with that is my pitch counts on two of my SP's is lower than Nevarez, so I don't want them getting more starts because of that. The highest rested setting may work better with 2 SP's and 2 Openers.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:34 am

bcslouck wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 am
Just went to this last sim. I think for now, I'm going to manage it with 7-day lineups but I thought about just setting highest rested. Only issue with that is my pitch counts on two of my SP's is lower than Nevarez, so I don't want them getting more starts because of that. The highest rested setting may work better with 2 SP's and 2 Openers.
Yea, it's something I had no intentions of trying but I am probably out of the playoffs so why not give it a shot and see what comes up. The main reason I didn't do 7-day lineups is I am hoping that Lima & Cardenas actually get more starts than Clulow & Orozco this way assuming that Clulow goes out and throws 6 and is tired and Orozco does the same the next day. We might get to see Lima, Cardenas, Lima before Clulow heads back out.

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:57 am

Well, you could set it up that way. Doing Opener#1/Opener#2/SP#1/Opener#1/Opener#2/SP#2/Opener#1 in a 7 day stretch should work fine if the Openers have high stamina and you set them on a pitch count (Sosa is set at 60). Gives your SP's would be every 6th day. Just adjust per week or something. But I'm curious to see how your way is going to work out.
Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:00 am

I will say, I mentioned Sosa being on a 60 pitch count but he'll probably have chances at more rest given 3 other SP's. So if you are setting highest rested and want them taking the ball, going like 50-55 pitches may be better.
Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”