Jose Canales to record 200th career save(37.05)

GM: Justin Niles

Moderator: niles08

niles08
BBA GM

Jose Canales to record 200th career save(37.05)

Post by niles08 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:39 am

Jose Canales has been a fun guy to watch in Omaha over the past few seasons and will probably be one of the few guys that Nebraskan’s say “I remember when they came to town and had a fiery young hard throwing closer named Jose Canales who was just a dynamite player”.

Canales, now 26 years old and enjoying his 5th season in Omaha and with the only franchise he has ever known is coming up on the number 200 in the saves category. As a matter of a fact, he currently sits at 199 so will more than likely record number 200 this week.

Canales has been a staple of this rebuild, closing out no fewer than 34 games over his time with Omaha and currently is sitting at 29 through the season. His career high of 48 in his rookie season took many by surprise, but he may break that number this season.

He holds a career ERA under 3.00 and has begun taking his rightful spots in the Omaha record book. Canales’s 199 saves are the second most in franchise history, behind only George Thrilkil at 240 career saves. There is no reason to assume that Canales will not be resigned when the time comes and will assume the #1 spot on the career saves listing in Omaha.

Congrats Jose!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Jose Canales to record 200th career save(37.05)

Post by RonCo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:22 am

I disagree. From where I sit, Canales has _not_ been very fun to watch. :eek:
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”