Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

datom25
Ex-GM

2052:FA#4 - Monty Brewster’s Montré-Booster: Closer

Post by datom25 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:58 am

Monty Brewster’s Montré-Booster: Closer

The motley trio touring the suburbs of Montreal were Toby Bundy, newsest FA signing in Montreal, Jenna McKenna, top realtor from RAMJACK Property Solutions, and Stan H. Stansman, Executif Coach of the Blazers. The showhomes and mansions of the rich and the famous were the target, with Bundy eager to invest some of his $18.6 million to move closer to the ballpark and away from the ghost town he was previously living in. The van behind them was from popular (semi-)French language baseball show News De Blazers, recording the appearance.

Bundy has spent the last six years as a closer in the GBC, saving 140 games across stops in Beirut, Tripoli and finally Jerusalem, making two all-star games and finishing 2nd in last year’s GBC Reliever of the Year voting. Although in some ways he hasn’t replicated his early success (maybe too much, too young?). Bundy somehow got into 92 games last year and threw 140 innings, striking out 146, with his 100mph fastball somehow not pulling his arm off. He hails from Coventry, and future news will focus entirely on The Specials puns.

“So how long is the lease on this beauty?”, Bundy asked McKenna. McKenna responded it was a two year minimum.*

“I’ll take it”

“Err..”, interjected Stansman, “maybe we should think about….a 91-day trial period? Maybe a year?”

“I thought I was here for four years?”

“Of course, Toby. There was absolutely no suggestion when we totally front-loaded your contract with a 7 mil first year that we’d take you for a year then flip you for any old prospect as a reasonable middle relief option at $4 million per. But it pays to be cautious!”

“Wait, you might flip me? Is that what the TV crew is for?”

“I don’t know what you mean Toby”

“What I mean is, is this a flimsy news story that is actually meant to indicate my availability to the outside world at the trade deadline?”

“Nothing could be further from the truth!”, said Stansman, smiling at the camera. "And it isn't the truth for the other front-loaded MR we just signed, Sergio Perez, who drops to only 1.2 mil from next year, either."

“And did you say middle-relief option? You stated in the contract I would be the closer?”

Stansman looked back at Bundy.

Toby Bundy, long-term contract, medium-term trade fodder

*RAMJACK Property Solutions offer a variety of lease lengths, dependent on the client’s circumstances and the precariousness of their employment situation.
Montreal Blazers (2052-): Playoffs 2052, 2054 (2-6)
Sao Paulo Pilots (2051-2): Playoffs 2051 (0-5)

Return to “Montreal Blazers”