The Montreal Minute(45:19) Mario Bruno(Prospect Profile)

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

HerbD
Ex-GM

The Montreal Minute(45:19) Mario Bruno(Prospect Profile)

Post by HerbD » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:46 pm

Image .....
..... Undrafted to Lock Down Closer! .....
It took Mario Bruno nine days between not being drafted in the 2044 UMEBA draft and signing a minor league contract with the Montreal Blazers of the BBA. "The BBA is where everyone wants to end up," said the 20 year old relief pitcher. "I would have played in the UMEBA if I had been drafted but I would have always had an eye on the BBA." During those nine days Bruno had to sift through all of the contract offers that come with being a young, talented free agent. There were several BBA teams, as well as UMEBA teams, fighting for his services but he chose Montreal. After his signing he skipped rookie ball and was sent straight to Short A where he struggled as a 19 year old to the tune of a 5.24 ERA in 46.1 innings pitched.

After a full offseason of conditioning and working with the Blazers coaches it was determined that Bruno was ready to move up a level and he was sent to A ball to be the closer for the Dearborn Heights Knights. Through August 10th he's been a very pleasant surprise to the Montreal front office. "Stats aside this kid has a good head on his shoulders." said Montreal General Manager Herb DeSpain. "He should make the big club at age 21 or 22 if he keeps progressing like he is now." Bruno hasn't been perfect with six blown saves in 35 chances but he's been very good. At 2.62 his ERA has been more than cut in half from his Short A mark from last year. His WHiP sits at an even 1.00 as he walks about one batter every three innings and he rarely gives up the long ball(5 in 55 IP). The Blazers say they will let Bruno finish out the season at Dearborn as they don't want to rush him but I'd be surprised if he didn't start the 2046 season in AAA.
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

Return to “Montreal Blazers”