The Montreal Minute(45:18): Flynn Lewis(Prospect Profile)

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

HerbD
Ex-GM

The Montreal Minute(45:18): Flynn Lewis(Prospect Profile)

Post by HerbD » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:04 am

Image .....
..... Flynn Lewis, the Forgotten First Rounder! .....
"Ubisoft field is the perfect home for me." said 20 year old pitcher Flynn Lewis after he was taken earlier this season in the first round of the BBA ammy draft. "Teams worried about me giving up a lot of homers but in that park I'll do great." Montreal agreed enough with that sentiment that they drafted the confident left hander and sent him straight to AA. In three seasons of college ball playing for the Chevron Gold, Lewis had a record of just 7-5 with a 2.63 ERA in 114 innings pitched. Whole those numbers may not be great he also struck out 189 hitters and that was enough for the Blazers to take a chance.

So far Lewis has paid off pitching well in six starts at AA but more importantly he's pitched just as well in six starts since being promoted to AAA. The results have been very good but still a little confusing so the Blazers will have to sort through the data and see what it all means. In 32 AA innings Lewis handed out walks to a tune of 3.9 per nine innings but gave up homers at just .6 per nine innings. Since moving to AAA it has been the reverse. In AAA it's been 1.2 walks per nine innings and 1.8 homers per nine innings. One thing that has stayed is the strike outs. Combined he's struck out 90 hitters in just 61.2 IP. One thing that has yet to be determined is how the Blazers will use Lewis when he does break into the big leagues. He can start or relieve but right not Montreal has him strictly starting. The key is his three plus pitches of which his nine rated fastball is his worst pitch. He has a curveball and a slider that are rated as equals and plus while he is also very good a holding runners as well. Flynn Lewis could be in the majors as early as 2046 but most likely it will be 2047.
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

Return to “Montreal Blazers”