The Montreal Minute(45:17): Rodney Robertson(Prospect Profile)

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

HerbD
Ex-GM

The Montreal Minute(45:17): Rodney Robertson(Prospect Profile)

Post by HerbD » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Image .....
..... Robertson Comfortable At AA! .....
"I thought I would go in the second round at the latest." said Montreal 2045 draftee Rodney Robertson. "I thought I had a pretty good career and that I was good enough to go in the top 50!" Most years Robertson would have be right but 2045 is an odd bird. With a draft stacked with pitching Robertson had to wait his turn and that meant he watched 104 players not named Rodney Robertson get drafted. Finally on the third day, with the 15th pick of the round Robertson got the call from Montreal General Manager Herb DeSpain. "He was real cool." Robertson remembered about DeSpain. "He said I should have gone sooner but it's important to remember it's where you finish your career, not where you start it, that matters most!"

Robertson went straight to AA after signing his $445,000 contract and he's been a force from the start. A starter who posted a 15-8 record and a low three ERA, Robertson had never pitched in relief. Now he is the best arm in the bullpen for the Spartans. He didn't give up a run in his first 16 games and 25 innings pitched in the minors. He has seven saves in his 18 games and 30 innings and until this past week he was all but unhittable. "I might be hitting a wall right now," he explained. "I've never pitched this many innings in high school or college." He has 31 strike outs against just nine walks in his brief pro career. Montreal will most likely keep Robertson in AA despite his success according to DeSpain. "We would like for him to get a fill for professional baseball." he said. "We'll probably move him up at the start of next season and he may see AAA before 2046 is finished." Robertson knows he has a tough road ahead but he also knows he'll be good enough to achieve his BBA dreams. "As long as they keep giving me a ball and pointing me towards a catcher....I'll keep throwing." Robertson is part of a Montreal draft class that featured 21 pitchers drafted in 20 rounds.
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

Return to “Montreal Blazers”