The Montreal Minute(45:14): 2B Coy Skinner(Prospect Profile)

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

HerbD
Ex-GM

The Montreal Minute(45:14): 2B Coy Skinner(Prospect Profile)

Post by HerbD » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Image .....
..... Injuries Holding Back Skinner .....
Coy Skinner is known for three things:

1. He can hit and get on base. He was drafted with the 16th pick of the 2043 draft out of Walmart High School based on a .303 batting average and a .416 OB%. In his first full season of pro baseball he hit .373 with an OB% near .450 in 120 Short A League plate appearances. This year he made the jump from Short A to AAA and his batting average went up to .385 in 86 PA. The kid can flat out rake, especially against right hand pitching. Add to that the fact he is only 20 years old and there is a lot to look forward to.

2. He gets hurt...a lot! Since being drafted Skinner has had one major injury each of his three pro seasons. All have been at least three weeks long while this season he was finished playing ball after just three weeks had been complete in the 2045 season. He tore his PCL on April 21 and is not expected to be fully healed until January of 2046. He's been labeled as "Fragile" by the league know it all's.

3. He can't field a lick. His defensive ability is so limited that he'll either move to 1B or he will be a full time DH. If he stays healthy and and continues to advance at the plate then someone will find a spot for him but he will be a liability in just about any position on the field and he won't provide the power that most team's look for in a DH.

"I really like Coy Skinner!" said Blazers' GM Herb DeSpain. "I didn't draft him but I can see why he was drafted. He's ready to hit lines all over Ubisoft field when/if given the chance." Currently Skinner is rated the third best prospect in the Blazers' farm system and 125th in the BBA.
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

Return to “Montreal Blazers”