The Montreal Minute(45:12): Welcome to the BBA Kid!!

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

HerbD
Ex-GM

The Montreal Minute(45:12): Welcome to the BBA Kid!!

Post by HerbD » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:53 pm

Image .....
..... 2045 First Round Pick Rocked By Chilis .....
"My neck hurts a little bit from watching all of those baseballs go over the wall," answered Blazers' rookie and 2045 first round draft pick Davey Penn when he asked how he felt after his first Brewster Baseball League start." The El Paso Chilis entered the game with one of the worst records in the Johnson League but it was a friendly reminder to the rookie that in the big leagues you can lose any game on any day. "I'm humbled," the kid said. "I may have taken the Chilis for granted thinking this would be a walk in the park like it has in the minors and in college." "Davey will be fine," said Montreal GM Herb DeSpain. "It's the first game of many in his career. He will be fine."

Penn started the bottom of the first with a four pitch strike out of Elmer Lomond. He then got behind 2-1 on Mike England before the Chilis' second sacker got a hold of a fastball and planted it 393 feet away, over the right field fence. As Penn watched the ball disappear he could hear England yelling "Welcome to the BBA rookie!!" Before the El Paso fans could finish their high fives, Chilis' first baseman Rony Hernandez put a 1-1 pitch in almost the exact same spot as England to push the score to 2-0 with just one out. Penn would work his way out of the inning, including striking out the side, in a very strange debut. Penn would then retire six batters in a row to get through the second and third innings before issuing a five pitch walk to Ross Quicker to begin the fourth. El Paso catcher Brian Best crushed the second pitch he saw to the tune of 435 feet to straight away center making it a 4-0 lead. For the next three innings Penn would allow just a BB and a HBP before exiting after the sixth.

Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

Return to “Montreal Blazers”