Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

HerbD
Ex-GM

The Montreal Minute(45:6): Is Harrison on the Move

Post by HerbD » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:09 am

Image .....
..... Front Office Taking Offers for Opening Day Starter? .....
May 24, 2045

There are rumors around the BBA that last night's performance by Blazers' opening day starter Lance Harrison has landed him in the doghouse of GM Herb DeSpain. Harrison threw eight shutout innings on opening day but has been inconsistent at best and downright horrible at worst. Last night was one of those nights as Harrison didn't make it out of the first inning against San Antonio. Two outs and six runs into the game and Harrison was headed for the showers and DeSpain was headed for the phone. "I won't comment on specifics," DeSpain muttered as he was leaving Ubisoft Field following the 7-4 loss. "But it's no secret that Lance has struggled for more than a year now." The Blazers' find themselves in first place almost two months into the 2045 season and cannot afford to ride out Harrison's problems on the mound. Montreal pitching coach Chris Brinker is confused by Harrison and his inconsistent performances saying "I don't know what his problem is...I think it's in his head because I can't help him. You never know what you are gonna get from Lance...it could be eight good ones or it could be two bad ones. I just can't figure him out."

After being taken 37th overall by Montreal in the 2039 draft Harrison made the starting rotation out of spring training in 2042 and put up a 4.3 WAR season at the age of 21. He took a step backwards in 2043 dropping to 2.6 WAR. Things got worse in 2044 after three of his rotation mates were traded and he was considered the ace of the staff. His ERA jumped up over five and his WAR dipped below zero. In 10 starts this year his ERA is down a little but still over five and his WAR is up to one. "We're finally winning and they want to trade me?" Harrison asked following last nights bad outing. "They will miss me when I'm gone!" Reports are that at least five teams have responded with trade offers with more possibly to come after the news spreads.
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

Return to “Montreal Blazers”