Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

HerbD
Ex-GM

The Montreal Minute(44:7): A Start to Forget

Post by HerbD » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Blazers Futile During First Month of '44
ImageImage The Montreal Blazers entered the 2044 regular season with a new general manager, a "new" stadium, new lineup, and high hopes of a winning campaign. A walk off, wild pitch scored Eduardo Gonzalez with the winning run in the bottom of the 14th inning on opening day gave the Blazers a 1-0 record but things were all downhill from there. Montreal would drop their next seven games including a four game sweep at the hands of host New Orleans. Wins two and three would come at home against Charlotte pushing their record to 3-7. A three game sweep by Brooklyn at home in Ubisoft Stadium in which the home team would score just five runs in the series was followed by Montreal taking two of three in Phoenix. A following six game losing streak, lowlighted by a three game sweep in Rockville, led to a 5-17 record. They won the final two in Jacksonville before returning home and splitting two against New Orleans. A 5-7 finish to the month kept it from being much worse than it first seemed it would.

After a busy offseason that saw new GM Herb DeSpain ship out 3/5 of the starting rotation in order to bring some offense into the clubhouse, the team failed to respond positively at any lever posting bottom half numbers in hitting, pitching, and fielding during the initial month of the 2044 season. Gonzalez, who finished April with a team high nine homers and 25 RBI, committed an unusually high number of errors(6) in his first 26 games. Newcomers with high expectations like catcher Joe Bradshaw(.193), Manoel Whanon(.229), and William Drew(.205) each failed to register positive WAR for the month.

Although rookie Don Jarimillo had some impressive outings, pitching as a whole was less than acceptable. In three starts Montreal's Ace Lance Harrison posted a lackluster ERA of near six and a half while veteran In-sung Yi lost all four of his decisions and posted an ERA near six. Jorge Moreno had a decent month recording an ERA of 4.38 while posting 40 strike outs compared to just three bases on balls despite losing all three of his decisions.
ImageImageImage
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: The Montreal Minute(44:7): A Start to Forget

Post by jleddy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Have you considered making Jaramillo just a one-way player? I wonder if turning off the two-way player toggle can help with a player's development...
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

HerbD
Ex-GM

Re: The Montreal Minute(44:7): A Start to Forget

Post by HerbD » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:54 am

jleddy wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 pm
Have you considered making Jaramillo just a one-way player? I wonder if turning off the two-way player toggle can help with a player's development...
I have not considered it but I may. I may try it with Casson as well.
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Montreal Blazers”