43.03 - Blazers make small moves this offseason.

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

drummerJ99
Ex-GM

43.03 - Blazers make small moves this offseason.

Post by drummerJ99 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:45 am

It was no secret to any Blazer fan paying attention, that Montreal had tons of money they could spend this off season. The question was, would they?

"Owner John Percolo and I set down last November and talked over our offseason plans. He told me I had plenty of money I could spend. But he was very stern in the fact that if I spent the money he wanted it to be a improvement. We didn't need to spend money just because it's available" said GM Jeffrey Everroad.

The Blazers did spend some but probably not as much or any of the big names that Blazers fans would have preferred. So who did they sign?

They started off by signing 2 relief pitchers, a position that GM Jeffrey Everroad wasn't happy with last season. "In my opening, our relief pitching seemed to be a weak point last year. So I wanted to shore that up just a bit and I feel the two guys we added this off-season allows us to do that." Those 2 relievers are 28 year old free agent RP Yoshitoshi Ota to a 3-year contract worth a total of $12,200,000 & 29 year Carlos Muñóz ld free agent RP Maurício Graete to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,000,000.

The Blazers and 1B Carlos Muñóz were never able to come to terms on a extension. Rumors are while Munoz didn't make it publicly known, he wasn't too happy with the trade that most fans consider a complete and utter flop that brought Mons Raider to Montreal.

So instead Montreal went to the free agent market and signed free agent 1B Ellis Curran to a 3-year contract worth a total of $10,600,000.

So no, the Blazers didn't get any of the fancy big name free agents. Will that be enough to keep fans happy? Will it be enough to produce on the field and make a impact in the Atlantic Division? Only time will tell.
GBC Sydney Sharks: 2055-
Montreal Blazers: 2041-2044, 2049-2051
UMEBA Istanbul Bosphorus: 2039 & 2040

Return to “Montreal Blazers”