Ex-GM

42.08 - Player Spotlight: Lance Harrison

Post by drummerJ99 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:37 pm

Image Age:21
Position: Pitcher
Birthday: 06/09/2020
Birthplace: Fishers, IN
Prospect Rank: Montreal - #1 / BBA - #10

Family alwasy expected Lance Harrison to be a pro athlete, just baseball wasn't gonna be it.

Lance was born June 9th 2020 in Fishers Indiana, Fishers is a town 20 miles northeast from Indianpolis Indiana. It's a town of 91,832 compared to the Indianapolis population of 872,680. It's a nice place to grow old but not known for much. Lance was born to Jay & Bethany Harrison. Jay played in the NHL from 2002–2016, playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Carolina Hurricanes & Winnipeg Jets. With most of that time coming being split in Carolina or for their AHL affiliate the Albany River Rats. After retirement Jay and fellow NHL'er Jack Johnson (who's from Indianapolis) formed a IndyCar Racing team. So it was pretty much always expected Lance, would be putting on skates instead of cleats.

Lance had a great freshman season for Goodyear starting 8 games and accumulating a 4-1 record with a 1.84ERA. His record the rest of his high school years, weren't as good. Going 1-1 with 3.54ERA in '37, 1-2 with 4.91ERA in '38 & 1-3 with 4.46ERA in '39.

Lance was drafted in the 2039 first-year player draft, Supplemental Round 1, Pick 5, 37th overall pick by the Montreal Blazers. In 2039 he was selected Spike Nolan League All-Star Game while pitching for the Oshawa Dodgers. He finished the season starting 14 games, with a 3 -8 record. He ended that season with a 3.59ERA.

In 2040 Harrison was named #96 prospect in the BBA and spent that season playing 6 games for the Nassau Jammers and the single A Dearborn Heights. In Dearborn he started 10 games with a 2&4 record with a 4.60ERA.

Lance made the massive jump from single A to triple A for the 2041 season. He was also named the #49 prospect in the BBA that season. In New Jersey, he started 29 games. Accumulating a record of 13-9 with a 4.50ERA over 190 innings pitched.

2042 saw Lance finally making the big leagues. He was named the #10 prospect in the BBA. So far through two games this season, Harrison is 1-0 record. Winning his debut at Jacksonville. Where he pitched 7 innings allowing 2 runs on 5 hits. Striking out 6 in the process with a ERA of 2.57.

Harrison may have won over some fans vs Rockville on April 9th 2042. Harrison who's known to be a captain on and off the field, was ejected in the 3rd inning for igniting a bench-clearing brawl.

So what has he thought about the trip to get here? "I honestly always dreamed of playing in Montreal on day. Just it wasn't for Montreal or without skates." he says with a laugh. "I always expected hockey to be my sport and to follow in my dad's footsteps. I tried it, just wasn't for me." Lance done all the usual peewee hockey stuff. But it just never was his #1 love. "I love watching hockey, attending games and don't tell management but even putting back on the skates every once in awhile. But baseball was what I really loved. The crack of the bat, the ball hitting the mitt, fresh cut grass. You just can't beat it.

And what about that ejection? "Hey, you throw anywhere near my teammate, I'll throw back." There's a reason he's considered to been born to be a captain of men.
GBC Sydney Sharks: 2055-
Montreal Blazers: 2041-2044, 2049-2051
UMEBA Istanbul Bosphorus: 2039 & 2040

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 42.08 - Player Spotlight: Lance Harrison

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:07 am

Nice.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic