Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

handaspencer
GBC GM

Grandage and Blazers front office agree to part ways 39.10

Post by handaspencer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:44 am

Gm Spencer released a statement this morning

"Manager Kayne Grandage will not return for the 2040 Blazers campaign. This was a mutual decision and we wanted to give Grandage the final week to engage with the fan base and show him the proper respect he deserved. During his 13 seasons with the Blazers he compiled over 1,100 victories had 3 division titles and qualified for the playoffs 9 times. We would like to thank Kayne and his wonderful family for so many great memories in Montreal and this organization has benefited greatly from his work".

We was able to reach out to Grandage and ask him a few questions

Reporter: What made you decide to leave the Blazers organization?

Grandage: I was starting to have doubts last off season If I wanted to continue but I pushed through the emotions and told myself I wanted to give it another year and see how it goes. When we got off to the 0-14 start I told GM Spencer my intentions to resign at the conclusion of the season. I blame this season on myself I didn't have these guys prepared once the season started and it showed early on. I simply lost the fire and didn't have this club prepared coming out of spring. I think when I approached GM Spencer this was a relief to him because he was not happy and he was going to have to make a decision with me that he was struggling with.

Reporter: Do you anticipate returning to the Blazers in some capacity?

Grandage: We talked about a future role within the organization at some point but I am not sure I am ready to commit at this moment. I would like to take a few weeks off analyze what other opportunities are available and decide do I still want to manage or do I move into a consultant type role. I do believe the Blazers will return to playoff form shortly. I have just reached a point in my career where managing a rebuilding club is not something I am comfortable with.

GM Spencer has confirmed bench coach Rene Ribbe, AAA Manager Jesus Encarnacion and AA Manager Juan Freitas have agreed to interview and the club will also look externally for candidates that are currently available and those who may become available shortly. Grandage has 2 years and a little over 3 million remaining on his contract that the Blazers are still responsible for.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Grandage and Blazers front office agree to part ways 39.10

Post by RonCo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:11 am

End of an era.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Montreal Blazers”