Montreal to open tampering Investigation 39.4

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

handaspencer
GBC GM

Montreal to open tampering Investigation 39.4

Post by handaspencer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 pm

In a stunning development Montreal Blazers owner John Percolo has hired investigator Robert Mueller to investigate the Hank Brewer camp for tampering. In a press release Percolo believes the agent for Hank Brewer illegally worked the back channels to secure a deal with New Orleans before the legal signing period.

GM Spencer said this don't make sense I can't figure this out. In a scathing leak to the press as FA filed Brewer Files for FA the Brewer camp slammed the Montreal organization. Spencer said this was simply an effort to control the media and create a distraction. Why would you opt out of a 13.5 mill deal after being injured for 2 years unless you had a better deal in place said Spencer. As the Brewer camp opted out of the deal we immediately approached them on a restructured incentive deal to keep him in Montreal for this season. They seemed willing to talk and I thought we had a handshake agreement. This was a cover up to conceal the tampering shouted Spencer! I don't believe New Orleans GM Jim Roberts had anything to do with this. Jim is a class act GM and would never do anything illegal against the rules of the BBA. But we believe someone on his staff was working with Brewers agent without Jim's knowledge.

GM Spencer is convinced this was a well calculated and planned hit job. We had intel telling us Brewer had a couple offers on the table as FA opened and they never even negogiated with the other clubs. As soon as the FA season they signed, unbelievable You can't agree that quickly unless you have been talking ahead said Spencer. Just wait until the truth comes out and we are determined to get to the bottom of this.

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: Montreal to open tampering Investigation 39.4

Post by Ted » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:24 am

Fun!
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Post by GoldenOne » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 am

handaspencer wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 pm
Why would you opt out of a 13.5 mill deal after being injured for 2 years unless you had a better deal in place said Spencer. As the Brewer camp opted out of the deal we immediately approached them on a restructured incentive deal to keep him in Montreal for this season. They seemed willing to talk and I thought we had a handshake agreement.
That exchange rate for Canadian Dollars to US just isnt what it used to be. Add that to taxes in Canada and the cost of living in Montreal compared to New Orleans, that money just doesnt go as far. These OOTP guys are smarter than you think.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Can't wait to see the unredacted report.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Whoa. Well, this is juicy!

felipe
Ex-GM

Post by felipe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:12 am