2037.4: A Series in Review - ATC

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

Zeggo
Ex-GM

2037.4: A Series in Review - ATC

Post by Zeggo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 pm

This will be a (hopefully) reoccurring review of each series from the Blazers prospective upon completion.

For the opening series of the year, the Montreal Blazers played three games on the road against the Atlantic City Gamblers.

Game 1: 14-5 Blazers Win
The Blazers came out fast with a three run home run in the top of the 1st by Benjamin Dale. The offense continued to pile on runs during the middle innings while Jubal Troop was dealing. With a 13-2 lead Troop was allowed to continue a little longer than he should have and stumbled a bit ruining his stellar performance. Overall you couldn't ask for much more from the Blazers.

Game 2: 4-5 Blazers Loss
Alonso Olvere played like a man possessed hitting two home runs and driving in three. It was a wasted performance though, as it wasn't enough for the Blazers to pull out the win. The Gamblers kept the Montreal bats in check limiting them to only 6 hits, 3 of which were by Olvere. Despite a late attempt at a rally, the Blazers came up one run short. This was the most competitive game of the series and one that Montreal would have liked to win.

Game 3: 3-8 Blazers Loss
Once again the strength of the Montreal team, the bats, did not show up to the game. Not only did they manage just 6 hits again, but the bullpen they sank a bunch of assets into collapsed. Alberto Ramirez came in during the 7th inning and gave up six runs, two of which were charged to starting pitcher Vicente Lopez. Ramirez was pulled with a 2-8 deficit and the game in hand for the Gamblers.

Take Away:
I need to work on the bullpen configuration and get it set up properly. Although Ramirez is a fine reliever overall, I would have preferred a couple other guys get the ball in the spot he was in.

Stud of the Series: LF Benjamin Dale - 5/11, 2HR, 3R, 5RBI
Dud of the Series: RP Alberto Ramirez - 0.0IP, 4ER
Series W/L: 0-1-0
On Deck: LOU, TWC
Zach Grant

Montreal Blazers GM
2037 - Present

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2037.4: A Series in Review - ATC

Post by RonCo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:54 pm

I think it's always good to go through the game logs like that.

Also, I like the Stud/Dud of the series tag.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Zeggo
Ex-GM

Re: 2037.4: A Series in Review - ATC

Post by Zeggo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:19 pm

RonCo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:54 pm
I think it's always good to go through the game logs like that.

Also, I like the Stud/Dud of the series tag.
Thanks!

The key/hard part is not over-reacting to each series! It's hard to resist the urge to shake things up immediately.
Zach Grant

Montreal Blazers GM
2037 - Present

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Montreal Blazers”