Wise Kraken Special: Moronobu Retires For Buddhism

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Wise Kraken Special: Moronobu Retires For Buddhism

Post by aaronweiner » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:18 pm

(link to retirement article pending it becoming HTML)

Waichirou Moronobu apparently wanted to do one thing more than being a member of the Carolina Kraken. He wanted to be a full-time a Shinto Buddhist. Moronobu, one of the best middle infielders in the history of the league, has retired at the age of 41.

"It is with a joyous heart that I announce my retirement from the MBWBA to focus on Shinto Buddhism," said Moronobu in a press conference at the Carolina training facilities. "This does not reflect on the Carolina organization but rather my own desire to be more than just a baseball player."

Moronobu retires with 432 career home runs and 1446 RBI. He finished near the top of the voting for MVP in 2001; some thought he was robbed that year because he also won the Yogi Zimmer that season at shorststop.

Moronobu was just acquired by Carolina in a cost-cutting move by the Louisville Sluggers, but was told by the Kraken in no uncertain terms that he wasn't going to start or play nearly at all for the team. Moronobu, who has made about $100 million in his MBWBA career, decided to not report to the Kraken and told the team that rather than go through the difficulties of another season just to travel with the team and sit on the bench that he would instead retire and go to work to advance the Buddhist religion.

"I have made enough money in my career and now I can go and pursue my happiness and advance the happiness of others," said Moronobu. "I will be moving back to my native Japan and opening a shrine in my hometown, Saitama in the Saitama Prefecture, and I look forward to those visitors who will cross my path in the future."

Kraken GM Aaron Weiner was glad that the Japanese star is getting the chance to pursue his dreams.

"We really wish the best to Waichirou - we were hoping he might mentor some of our younger players and be a pillar of our community here," said Weiner. "We've also pledged $100,000 to his shrine to help start it. He's doing a noble thing."

Greeney03
Ex-GM

Re: Wise Kraken Special: Moronobu Retires For Buddhism

Post by Greeney03 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Crazy! Best of luck to Moro!

Anywho, when a player retire and he's under contract, will his contract be voided?
JL Atlantic Div Champ 2014

Past team(s)
Greenville Moonshiners (2008 - 2016) 653-805,.448 PCT
Omaha Barnstormers (2000 - 2007) 627-534,.540 PCT

Tim Imasa
GM: Greenville Moonshiners
Email: timothyimasa@gmail.com

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Greeney03 wrote:Crazy! Best of luck to Moro!

Anywho, when a player retire and he's under contract, will his contract be voided?

My very happy balance sheet says yes.

Actually, at this point my balance sheet is TOO happy. I'm on pace to make $70 million this year.

bigmike13
Ex-GM

Post by bigmike13 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Waichirou Moronobu apparently wanted to do one thing more than being a member of the Carolina Kraken. He wanted to be a full-time a Shinto Buddhist. Moronobu, one of the best middle infielders in the history of the league, has retired at the age of 41.

I can't help but think about Pedro Cerrano in Major League II when he hits the bird and runs out to the outfield to revive it.
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”