Wise Kraken 3.1: Will Craig Traded to Louisville

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Wise Kraken 3.1: Will Craig Traded to Louisville

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:03 am

The Carolina Kraken parted ways with Will Craig, their #3 starter this offseason, dealing him to Louisville for Jeff Hartle and a minor leaguer. Craig had been a major disappointment in 2012, posting 20 losses and a career high 5.58 ERA.

"Obviously dealing a career Kraken player like that...it's a hard thing to do," said GM Aaron Weiner. "It wasn't even that he was so terrible in 2012. We thought he pitched okay. But he came back with a contract demand of four years, $32 million, and we just weren't going to honor that after the year he'd had. It was time to move on."

Craig has a career record of 74-84 and a career 4.18 ERA, all with Carolina. Up until last year, he had been one of the most consistent starters in the Frick.

"I'm sorry to be leaving Carolina, but I understand that this is a business and that the Kraken made a business decision," said Craig. "I'm excited to be moving just a couple hundred miles west to Louisville and I hope that some of the local Carolina faithful come out and support me when I pitch."

The minor leaguer acquired in the deal was Manny Estever, part of Louisville's international complex. Estever is just 17 but already hits 88 on the radar gun and has good endurance for a young guy.

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”