1995.03 What the hell happened?

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

mrbornac
Ex-GM

1995.03 What the hell happened?

Post by mrbornac » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:50 pm

It was a dream season, the kind that ends with a clown pulling a 14" knife on you in a dark ally. Maybe it was fate coming after me for not being as active of a poster as I should have been, or maybe, some sort of trick to make sure the team with the best record never wins the Landis Cup. I can't explain it, but all I can say for sure is that 1996 is going to be a different kind of season, of that I am sure. Somethings will clearly change, and not for the better. Thankfully, the rest of the Atlantic division is struggling right now, something that will give my club a punchers chance next season, at the very least.

Club President Matthew Bornac (who is talking in the third person right now, which is still ultra weird) is going to have to juggle financial woes along with likely more injury problems. Should be fun!

Recte thinks this is not enough. Well, here goes.

Arbitration will increase the teams payroll substantially, something that will provide some great upward pressure on the teams payroll, and with the artificial salary cap in place, the team will have to hope there is no repeat of the terrible injury issues of 1995. There are rumors of the injury settings being lowered for next season, but they were supposed to be low to start with, something that did not feel to be true last season. More of this to be discussed in the 1996 team preview, assuming we survive the winter riots in Hackensack.
General Manager
Buffalo Bison : 2002 - ?
Record 1,496 - 1,582 .486 (The wheels came off)
Twitter: @mbba_Bison

2017 Landis Memorial Champions
2017 Frick League Champion
2017, 2016, 2007, 2004 FLA Winner
2014, 2017 Frick League Wild Card Winner

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 195.03 What the hell happened?

Post by recte44 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Weak sauce. Maybe add another sentence. :)
:coffee:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”