Sticking Points 2052.3: I'm Sick of Fighting With Dad Over Allowance Money

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

JimSlade
BBA GM

Sticking Points 2052.3: I'm Sick of Fighting With Dad Over Allowance Money

Post by JimSlade » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:03 am

The Rockville Pikemen's Rookie League club the Aurora Bullfrogs will be without 2 projected catching prospects selected in the 2052 draft. Sixth-round pick Carlos Marcillas and 11th-round pick Donovan Dooley have broken off negotiations with the organization and will go back into the 2053 draft.

"We're disappointed that we couldn't come to terms with these young men," said GM Jim Slade, who was next hit with a flurry of questions surrounding the assumed slam dunk of signing a 16-year-old catcher taken in the 11th round who just happens to be the big league club's son.

That's right, young Donovan is the son of Pikemen manager Denny Dooley. When the pick was made, some journalists sniffed with suspicions of nepotism; however, Slade assured the assembled media that this was not the case. "We saw much potential in Donovan. In fact," continued Slade, "the scout that first brought him to our attention submitted a blinded scouting report."

Manager Denny Dooley wouldn't comment on his son's sudden breakoff of negotiations, but Donovan posted some no-holds barred commentary on social media.
Same old, same old with Dad! Always trying to shortchange me for my chores around the house. I had to hear about his milking the cows before going to school when he was a kid. I'm sick of fighting with Dad over allowance money!
BBA GM, Rockville Pikemen
Former UMEBA GM, Mumbai Metro Stars
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”