Sticking Points 2050.3: Barajas Stays on the Hook

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

JimSlade
BBA GM

Sticking Points 2050.3: Barajas Stays on the Hook

Post by JimSlade » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:31 am

After weeks of swimming around similar proposals, RF Julio Barajas and the Rockville Pikemen came to terms on a possible 6-year extension that could keep the team's offensive center through the rest of his career.

"I've been with the Rockville organization my entire career," said Barajas in a statement released by the Pikemen. "This is home to my family, and I have many sponsorship deals with local businesses."

Manager Denny Dooley couldn't be more pleased with the extension. "I couldn't be more pleased to know that I could be writing Julio's name into the lineup card for the rest of his career."

The deal is structured so that Barajas and the team have some ability to manage their interests over the coming years. For the Pikemen, this extension buys out the coming player option that Barajas had for 2051. Barajas has a player opt-out clause following the 2053 season. The final year of the deal is a vesting option, based on the outfielder reach 400 plate appearances at age 36.

Rockville fans are ecstatic with the extension and the recent acquisition of veteran 2B Rocky Wattson. Not so heartening, this past week, was news that starting pitcher Mike MacRobb is likely out through the rest of the regular season with a herniated disc.
BBA GM, Rockville Pikemen
Former UMEBA GM, Mumbai Metro Stars
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: Sticking Points 2050.3: Barajas Stays on the Hook

Post by aaronweiner » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:45 am

I was wondering how you were going to handle Barajas.

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Post by tylertoo » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:11 am

Nice contract wrangling!

:link:
Links are no longer required for Team News but it's helpful to at least link to the player who is the primary subject of the article, or to put a link to your team in your signature. Or both!
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

JimSlade
BBA GM

Post by JimSlade » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:55 am

aaronweiner wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:45 am
I was wondering how you were going to handle Barajas.
Yeah, it will be interesting. He seems like a dynamic, well-rounded player who may age gracefully, if he sticks out the length of the contract. If he wants to opt out in a few years, I should have someone resdy who can step in for him. He's basically my dream hitter: high average and OBP, gap power... If anyone wants to deal me more hitters like Barajas, I'm game! 😄
BBA GM, Rockville Pikemen
Former UMEBA GM, Mumbai Metro Stars
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”