Sticking Points 2050.2: Irreconcilable Differences?

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

JimSlade
BBA GM

Sticking Points 2050.2: Irreconcilable Differences?

Post by JimSlade » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:03 am

Have starting pitcher Gerald "The Boogeyman" Sizemore and the Rockville Pikemen reached a point of irreconcilable differences? A source with a connection to an informed source reports that extension talks for the veteran starter have broken down over a personality clash between Sizemore and manager Dennis Dooley.

Dooley has a reputation for grating on pitchers, but there's nothing on he surface to suggest that he's any harder on Sizemore than the rest of his staff. "Truth be told," suggests one longtime observer, "no one's harder on Gerald Sizemore than Gerald Sizemore. The guy is a flat-out perfectionist, and he's been far from perfect this season."

"We don't comment on in-season negotiations," said GM Jim Slade, when questioned about Sizemore's future. "Size is a key part of our rotation."

Sizemore had no comment on this story, but the manager went on record with his support. "The guy's a battler," said Dooley. "I pencil him in. He takes the hill. We expect a quality start."

"We'll see where this goes, as the trade deadline approaches," says a front office executive from a rival team, who has been tracking Slade's insistence on contract stability and player loyalty. "This guy's first acts included dealing an all star with a looming player option and then extending his coaches up and down the organization."
BBA GM, Rockville Pikemen
Former UMEBA GM, Mumbai Metro Stars
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: Sticking Points 2050.2: Irreconcilable Differences?

Post by aaronweiner » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:20 pm

I still think he was an okay #1 pick in that draft, though Chris Thompson was the better talent.

BTW, you actually have two of the top three players from that draft by WAR - #3 is Manuel Moreno.

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:18 pm

I have to say I’m pretty pleased with the Pepper trade. I really hope he doesn’t opt out.
GM Vancouver Mounties

JimSlade
BBA GM

Post by JimSlade » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:52 pm

aaronweiner wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:20 pm
I still think he was an okay #1 pick in that draft, though Chris Thompson was the better talent.

BTW, you actually have two of the top three players from that draft by WAR - #3 is Manuel Moreno.
I wouldn't say this to the media, but I like Sizemore! I wish he would negotiate with me.
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

JimSlade
BBA GM

Post by JimSlade » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:53 pm

bschr682 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:18 pm
I have to say I’m pretty pleased with the Pepper trade. I really hope he doesn’t opt out.
I aim to please! 😄 He has been very good for you.
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”