Sticking Points 2046.8: Leach Taking To Rotation Just Fine, Thanks

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Sticking Points 2046.8: Leach Taking To Rotation Just Fine, Thanks

Post by aaronweiner » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:03 am

Danny Leach, three-time reigning Jason Egan Award winner, was recently moved into the rotation after years of speculation on exactly that. It was assumed that Danny Leach, who has never met a challenge he didn't want, would take to the rotation well. What nobody expected is that Leach would have zero falloff from switching out of the role he's perfected, and has been as dominant as a starter as he was as a reliever.

"I've been mentally prepared for this for years," said Leach. "I could say maybe it's adrenaline, maybe it's being in a pennant race, maybe it's just the newness of it all, but really I've been waiting for this shot for three years."

Leach has struck out 19 batters in 12.2 innings since joining the rotation, and has posted almost exactly the same ERA in the rotation (3.55) as he has in the bullpen (3.44). He was the winner in both starts. With him in the rotation, the bullpen has closed ranks around his missing presence and Rockville has surged into first place behind the now #1 offense in the Johnson League.

"We're rolling now on all cylinders," said Rockville manager Denny Dooley. "For sure part of that is Danny in the rotation. He's such a leader, he's rubbing off on all the younger guys and really making a difference."

Rockville is currently 64-41, in first place in the Johnson League for the first time since April and surging forward.

"We're pretty much where we need to be," said Leach. "It's a real thrill to be able to do this in inning #1 and go until I can't. It's such a great challenge for me."

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”