Sticking Points 2041.2: Wilson Alomar Joins Long Line of Rockville Phenoms

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Sticking Points 2041.2: Wilson Alomar Joins Long Line of Rockville Phenoms

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:28 pm

It seems like we write this piece every single year now, but the Rockville Pikemen just keep churning them out. Francisco Flores, Lorenzo Palacios, Julio Barajas, Bing-de Zhao, and now Wilson Alomar, who has arguably been Rockville's best player in 2041. Through 58 games this year, Alomar has hit .382 with an OPS over 1.000 and has been a consistent force at the plate.

"Like others have said, it really does help to have people who have been there before here and so many who did it so fast," said Alomar. "To have all these teammates who get what it's like, that's the best part of being on a team like this."

If Alomar qualified for the batting title (and he's just a handful of plate appearances off that mark), he'd currently be second behind the absurd .400+ average of Dennis French, and also second in OBP, while ranking fifth in OPS. Currently he's outdoing players like Palacios and Zhao, higher-regarded players with better pedigrees.

"We're thrilled to have a guy like that on our team," said Palacios. "We just hope he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame until the next guy comes along. Wait, is that Daniel Pepper?"

Alomar, who was drafted late in the second round in 2039, is primarily just happy to be in the major leagues.

"It's amazing that in two years I'm up here and doing this," said Alomar. "This is incredible. The ride is amazing. Being in first place is amazing. Being a starter is amazing. I dreamed of this sort of thing as a little Cuban boy, and I'm just so happy to be here."

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”