Sticking Points 2038.10: The Growth of Celio Marin

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Sticking Points 2038.10: The Growth of Celio Marin

Post by aaronweiner » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:49 am

One player who's clearly on a contract drive is starting pitcher Celio Marin. Marin waited patiently for his spot in the Pikemen rotation, and when the team informed him that he would be tagged with replacing BBA legend (and current Madison Wolf) Enrique Gomez, Marin wasted no time in impressing the team brass. Thus far this season, Marin has been every bit as good as the Rockville top three, posting 44 strikeouts in 42 innings with an ERA of 3.19 so far this season.

"I've waited a long time to prove myself to the league, and I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to showcase myself, but my first and foremost job is to try to help my team where I've won two titles," said Marin, 29. "My first obligation is to the Pikemen, and then whatever comes this offseason I can know that I earned it."

Marin has been one of the better relievers on the team for quite a few years, but got a chance to audition down the stretch last year for the Pikemen and did not disappoint, keeping his usual efficiency and posting solid numbers as a starter. This year he has been even better, and he should be primed for a solid payday from another team.

"Celia's been so reliable for us for so long, we're going to hate to lose him, but he already told us he's going to be testing the free agent market and we give him our blessing," said Rockville GM Aaron Weiner. "He's so underrated. He can start and relieve, he's got great stamina, great stuff. And he's having a great year."

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”