Sticking Points 2038.2: Santiago Morales Traded

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Sticking Points 2038.2: Santiago Morales Traded

Post by aaronweiner » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:24 am

When Larry Blake went down with an injury before the playoffs, the only two players left on the major league roster who could play third base defense well enough to step in for him were Jin-Song Xuan, starting in center field, and Santiago Morales, a key reserve for the Pikemen since 2033 for his excellent defensive ability, and Morales played every Morales was traded to the Huntsville Phantoms for a minor league reliever in a cost-cutting move right after the Landis,

"I understand that baseball is a business, and I am grateful to the Pikemen for all the time I spent here," said Morales, 27. "I had the opportunity to be a key part of one of the best teams in the history of the BBA and I wish the franchise and all of my teammates the best."

Morales was a key platoon partner for players such as Valeri Kharlamov and Felix Delvalle, and would frequently fill in for those players on off-days. He is one of the top defensive players in the BBA. His best season came in 2035, Rockville's first pennant, when he had 350 at bats and started 99 games, most of them at shortstop.

"We are sorry to see Santiago go," said Weiner. "He technically priced himself out of our range last year when he asked for $3 million, and while we made every effort to keep him, we knew we wouldn't be able to hold onto him this year. He's known it for a while, too."

Acquired in the deal for Rockville was promising young righty Alfonso Guzman. Guzman, a 2037 5th rounder, is highly regarded for his intangibles and his work ethic and could make a valuable addition to the Rockville bullpen in time.

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”