Wise Kraken 30.2032: Is Bill Lewis' Number Up?

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Wise Kraken 30.2032: Is Bill Lewis' Number Up?

Post by aaronweiner » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Bill Lewis hasn't had a great career with the Carolina Kraken, finishing with a combined 11-29 record and an ERA of 5.75 in his first two seasons with the team. However, the wheels may have come off for the veteran righty, and with a number of promising minor league pitching prospects on the way, Bill Lewis' stint in the Carolina rotation might be coming to a close.

"If it's my time, it's my time, but until they tell me otherwise I'm a member of this rotation," said Lewis. "Until they take the baseball, I'm the guy."

Lewis has been disastrous to this point in the season, losing all four of his starts with a 9.31 ERA. In case you're looking for bright spots, there are none: Lewis has allowed five homers and twelve walks in 19 innings and has struck out just 9 batters. He does have a BABIP of .400 so far this year, but all of his other numbers are so poor that we can't really blame any bit of his performance on bad luck.

"Bill's obviously had some early mechanical issues," said Kraken pitching coach Ed Elridge. "We're working on them every day, but right now he knows he's not getting the job done; he might not be telling you that but he's telling me. He's not confused here, he knows he's not where he needs to be."

Lewis, however, seems defiant in the face of his waning numbers.

"It took me a long time to get here and I'm not going to give up my spot easily, but if that's what the team wants that's what they'll get," said Lewis. "Right now I'm preparing for Atlantic City, and that's what I'm working on right now."

If Lewis is replaced, it will likely be by someone in the minor leagues. Top candidates include top prospects Armando Rasquilha and Ricardo Maldonado, as both pitchers are expected to make an appearance this season.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Wise Kraken 30.2032: Is Bill Lewis' Number Up?

Post by RonCo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:07 am

His prep for Atlantic City didn't seem to help much.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: Wise Kraken 30.2032: Is Bill Lewis' Number Up?

Post by aaronweiner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:12 am

Nope. Both guys who would replace him are banged up right now though, so that's not happening yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”