Wise Kraken 27.2032: Macy Delivers In First Sim

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Wise Kraken 27.2032: Macy Delivers In First Sim

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Eddie Macy was signed as a stopgap measure to try and bring respectability back to the DH position vacated by all-time great Frank Thomas III. The veteran DH delivered in his first sim as a member of the Kraken, hitting .313 with a home run and a double in 17 at bats. While the Kraken aren't expecting that kind of production from him all season long, getting something solid out of Macy, a free agent pickup after the season started, was a big plus.

"As I said before, I'm just thrilled to be back on the field," said Macy. "I'm going to do my best for this franchise and help them out in any way I can."

Macy probably hasn't done enough to earn himself the full-time job, but it might be his by default unless the Kraken someone up from the minors. If they do, Macy could lose his job to Chet Gabriel, at least against righties. However, Macy is the sort of player who might keep the job, as the Kraken are seriously homer-deficient: right now the team is on pace for just 92 homers, which would be the lowest total in the history of the BBA.

"We knew we were going to need someone with some pop, and Macy really fit the bill," said Kraken GM Aaron Weiner. "We knew we weren't going to have a lot of powerhitting, and even with him we're still 14th in home runs and on pace for a rather low total."

Certainly it hasn't helped that the trio of Chris Klein, Chet Gabriel, and Alberto Padilla have a combined zero homers. One wonders where the team might be if they were hitting at all this season, but at least Macy is contributing.

"My whole job is to use the bat to the best of my ability, so I'm going to do that for as long as they'll let me," said Macy. "The Kraken are playing good baseball right now and I'm glad I can help that."

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Wise Kraken 27.2032: Macy Delivers In First Sim

Post by bschr682 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:57 pm

What is the deal with Klein? Super disappointing...
GM Vancouver Mounties

allenr
Ex-GM

Post by allenr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Klein is like les Deadman. Promising (though not overwhelming) ratings but no production. Hopefully Klein turns it on Deadman has dead on arrival mostly and so has Ruben Flores for me.
GM Edmonton Jackrabbits (2030-??)
2030: 65-97 | 2031: 70-92 || Total: 135-189

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:26 pm

bschr682 wrote:What is the deal with Klein? Super disappointing...
Not a goddamn clue. If you figure it out tell me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”