Wise Kraken 5.2: Little Hurt, Big Trophy Room

GM: Jim Slade

Moderator: JimSlade

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Wise Kraken 5.2: Little Hurt, Big Trophy Room

Post by aaronweiner » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:14 pm

Frank Thomas III got a little tired of people joking that he was off to a slow start. So he took matters into his own hands - using a bat, of course. Thomas won his fifth Frick League Player of the Week Award this sim, the first for him this season and the third straight such award for a Kraken player (Stu Baker had won the other two).

Thomas, the two-time reigning Frick League Sawyer Silk, blasted opposing pitchers in this sim, posting a .409 average, 5 HR and 11 RBI while raising his batting average on the season to .335 after the sim, very similar to last year's numbers. Thomas' power numbers are down just slightly on the season, though he's made up for it with a little more patience at the plate so far this year.

"Obviously, it's been important to the team that I do what I always do, and I feel like I'm doing that," said Thomas, whose big week put him back on most of the leaderboards. "It's early in the season yet and I'm hoping I'll be right there at the end in the awards voting again."

Thomas also had message for another player.

"I just wanted to express my regrets to Brian Clough," said Thomas of the Louisville outfielder who recently went out for the season with a torn rotator cuff. Clough was drafted #2 behind Thomas six years ago, and the two have remained friends. "He's been a great ballplayer and it's terrible to see him get hurt like that. I wish him a speedy and full recovery."

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: Wise Kraken 5.2: Little Hurt, Big Trophy Room

Post by trmmilwwi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:31 am

Can't wait for Clough's response from Louisville!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rockville Pikemen”