2012.03 - Buffalo Sauce - Bison Shaking some stuff up

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

mrbornac
Ex-GM

2012.03 - Buffalo Sauce - Bison Shaking some stuff up

Post by mrbornac » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:07 pm

If it's not nailed down, it might just get moved. After a string of horrific seasons, the cuts and the deals seem to keep coming. A quick review of who is gone, traded away, so far in the offseason.

Gone

Arturo Martínez - Arturo's main sin was that he is on the wrong side of 30, and he is not an annual All-Star quality player. He was one of the first players I drafted however, so we will miss him in Buffalo, but we hope he can find greater success in New Orleans.

Orlando Mercado - Why is he gone? The name is Domingo Fierro, and Orlando's at bats were going to shrivel up to nearly 0. If Fierro is as good as we think he will be, there won't be much in the way of extra at bats in Left Field in the future like there have been the past few seasons.

Salvador Hernández - I would be lying if I said that anything other than his injury history and lumping is why I let Salvador go. He clearly could have been the greatest hitter ever to wear the Bison colors, but it was not to be. He is still (so far) a solid defender, and can put a bat on a ball. If he can drive it is another question, and his new inability to hit left handed pitching makes him sadly expendable. His trade to Carolina might be a contriversial one, but maybe he will lump as much for the Kraakan as he has for us.

Pat Hughes - The code word is... expendable.
General Manager
Buffalo Bison : 2002 - ?
Record 1,496 - 1,582 .486 (The wheels came off)
Twitter: @mbba_Bison

2017 Landis Memorial Champions
2017 Frick League Champion
2017, 2016, 2007, 2004 FLA Winner
2014, 2017 Frick League Wild Card Winner

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2012.03 - Buffalo Sauce - Bison Shaking some stuff up

Post by trmmilwwi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:04 am

Domingo is a nice player... I'm liking the shakeup in Buffalo!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Fernando Bears”