mrbornac
Ex-GM

2010.02 - Buffalo Sauce - 2010 Budget : It looks familiar

Post by mrbornac » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Interoffice Communications - Not for public awareness

Date : 10/30/2009

To : General Manager Matthew Bornac

Regarding : 2010 Baseball Related Budget

As we have previously discussed, the fans in this community deserve winning baseball. The past two seasons, especially 2009, have fallen well short of that. As I had expressed earlier this year, my desire for the Bison in 2009 was simple - a winning record - and I didn't expect 110 wins, far from it, but at least 82 would have been nice.

The team did not reach that goal, or anything close to it. Now, I have read the reports, watched the games, and know that not all of the blame can lay squarely at the feet of the General Manager, or even at the feet of the manager or the position coaches. But trust me when I say, there are ramifications for continued disappointments.

Know now, that I will not dock the pay of any of the coaches, or the players. The budget for baseball related expenses will remain at 87M for the 2010 season. There is no promise that I will be as generous next year. And before you whine to me about the increase in expenses around the league, you know I am a tight penny pinching owner, so even if the league minimum contract is going up by two-thirds, the salary cap is raising 10%, and the structure of arbitration era contracts is changing to make it harder to save money, none of that matters, and your stipend will not change.

Best of luck, and don't disappoint me further, for the terms of this agreement are fluid,

Thomas Haines
General Manager
Buffalo Bison : 2002 - ?
Record 1,496 - 1,582 .486 (The wheels came off)
Twitter: @mbba_Bison

2017 Landis Memorial Champions
2017 Frick League Champion
2017, 2016, 2007, 2004 FLA Winner
2014, 2017 Frick League Wild Card Winner

Return to “San Fernando Bears”