2059.05: Rule 5 Swipes

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2059.05: Rule 5 Swipes

Post by BaseClogger » Thu May 02, 2024 1:54 pm

1/1/2059

The San Fernando Bears made one selection in the 2059 rule 5 draft while having four players plundered from our organization. Below is a summary of those transactions.
b78.gif
b78.gif (1.98 MiB) Viewed 81 times
San Fernando Bears: Drafted SP Ben Weaver in the 2058 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 16, 16th overall Pick) from the Atlantic City Gamblers.

I had Weaver listed about ninth on my pre-draft list of approximately 15 players. His 6-7-6 potential pitching ratings are really good but he's 28 years old and unlikely to fully develop at this point. And unfortunately his 4 stamina means he's not eligible for a reliver conversion--his six pitch mix would make him the perfect candidate. As is he'll join the Bears in spring training and we'll see whether he miraculously develops some of his pitches to increase his stuff rating. He's depth to both start or relieve if nothing else.

Charlotte Flyers: Drafted C Ziaul-Haq bin Dhul Fiqar in the 2058 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 24, 24th overall Pick) from the San Fernando Bears.

I hoped but did not expect ZHbDF would slip thru the draft. He's good catching depth since he's still relatively young for a catcher, has options, and is a strong receiver. His ratings have appealed to me ever since Ron sent him over in a 2055 trade deadline deal. I love the high eye rating but he just hasn't hit the ball consistently in AAA, slugging under .300 two years in a row. With solid young prospects in Dale Olds and Augusto Annis I had to prioritize protecting them on the 40-man roster.

Madison Wolves: Drafted SP Calvin Coffey in the 2058 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 8, 40th overall Pick) from the San Fernando Bears.

Coffey had a 3 movement rating in OOTP24 before we converted to OOTP25. Even his 4 movement rating in the new game limits his overall rating to 30. This just opens up my AAA pitching staff to more deserving candidates. At least he's still young at 24 years old.

Long Beach Surfers: Drafted RP Miguel Días in the 2058 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 22, 54th overall Pick) from the San Fernando Bears

The highest ceiling of the pitchers I lost belongs to 26 year-old Miguel Dias. If he develops his 7/8 slider to its full potential his stuff rating will improve to 7. But as it stands, he was sub replacement-level with YS9 and fully developing isn't a guarantee. Even fully developed, his 5 movement rating isn't a great fit for my park but I like this pick for Long Beach.

Brooklyn Robins: Drafted SP Todd Jones in the 2058 Rule 5 Draft (Round 4, Pick 1, 97th overall Pick) from the San Fernando Bears.

Jones is a perfectly serviceable bullpen depth piece who I anticipated losing but couldn't justify protecting. Now 32 years-old, Jones has been a replacement level pitcher in his 91.1 career BBA innings with a 5.22 ERA. I'm not sure if his position being listed as a starting pitcher is an intentional move by Brooklyn or something the game did on its own. His stuff rating increases by a point when he's listed as a reliever.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 2059.05: Rule 5 Swipes

Post by Trebro » Mon May 06, 2024 6:01 pm

I really hope Diaz puts it together but I'd run out of patience with him.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Fernando Bears”