2058.11: Bears' Cubs - Outfield Prospects

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2058.11: Bears' Cubs - Outfield Prospects

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:11 pm

4/23/2058

In this edition of the 2058 Bears’ Cubs series I’ll focus on players who profile primarily as outfielders. I’d like to have a better stocked cupboard but last year’s draft was incredibly deep with outfielders and helped infuse some talent.

A
None

B
None

C
C Lorenz Spee
C Roberto Delgado
C Jim Sitton
C- Kamatari Kino

D
D+ Gin-fan Koh
D+ António Fuentes
D+ Daniel Throsby
D+ Kit Markoulides
D Steve Morris

Honorable Mention
Marcos Pepper

If I get desperate with my current center fielders in San Fernando Lorenz Spee would be the first guy I’d turn to internally. He’s a legitimate defender at the position and hit .298/.347/.483 with 3.3 WAR in a partial season in AAA last year. Delgado was a supplemental 1st rounder in last year’s draft. I forgot to update my draft list and think he was selected several rounds too early but he’ll be a good defender in the corners and already has 9 gap power. Jim Sitton has the range of a center fielder but isn’t consistent with his glove and has a weak arm. On the bright side, the 2057 5th rounder could be a solid hitter if he develops. Kamatari Kino has been in the system for a couple seasons and seems to always need a second lap to master each level. He’s got 8 range but leaves you wanting just a little bit more in each aspect of the game.

Gin-fan Koh can play defense and because of that he got added to the 40-man roster over the offseason. His .312/.355/.396 offensive outburst in SA was the best offensive performance of his short career. Fuentes is yet another 2057 draftee, although he lasted until the 12th round. Throsby and Maroulides are similar bat-first scouting discoveries who need another bump to overcome their mediocre defense. Steve Morris, a 9th rounder in 2057, has a similar style of game except he’s already 22 years old and mostly developed.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Return to “San Fernando Bears”