2058.01: The Bears Ain't Hibernating - Part 1

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2058.01: The Bears Ain't Hibernating - Part 1

Post by BaseClogger » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:00 pm

12/16/2057

I chose to title this part 1 because I intend to make more major league moves. Plus, if history is any indication I will lose some guys in the Rule 5 draft. This way I can get my early thoughts typed out while collecting additional PPTs. 😊

SP Rubén bin Majid al Din – 4 years/$31.5M
I love pitchers with reverse platoon splits (at least in their ratings). As I reviewed the list of free agent starting pitchers there was only one pitcher I preferred and I figured that guy would fetch a six year contract. The concern with bin Majid al Din is that his ERA has never matched the FIP. For his career, it has a 0.35 spread. Did Charlotte always have bad defenses? Difficult to imagine with Robert Menzies there as long as he’s been. What he has proven consistently is limiting home runs and eating innings. I’d like to expose my bullpen less this season and Madjid al Din should throw a lot more innings than the guy he’s replacing, Dan Small. Note: the third year of this contract is a team option, so only 2/$16.5M is guaranteed. I quite like that rate for a guy whose consistently been worth 3+ WAR.

RF Umar Mutemi – Claimed from CCJ
I was reviewing this guy’s ratings and thought he’d make a good 1B conversion if I need to fill that position on the cheap. Reviewing him now, I’m worried about his mediocre AAA production last year. Pumping 20 PPTs into a 33 year-old who isn’t a proven BBA hitter doesn’t seem wise. Maybe I’ll waive him again and try to get him on my AAA roster.

RP Herb Day – Claimed by PHX
Day cleared waivers late in the 2057 season when I needed a 40-man spot but he did not sneak thru this time. I had to add him back to the 40-man roster to prevent him from becoming a minor league free agent. He’s young, left-handed, and has an option remaining. His control was acceptable in 2055 and 2056 across AA, AAA, and the BBA. It was a disaster last season back at AAA. I obviously didn’t want to lose him but viewed him expendable enough to waive previously.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Krathan
BBA GM

Re: 2058.01: The Bears Ain't Hibernating - Part 1

Post by Krathan » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:42 pm

I’m glad to see Ruben bin Majid Al Din got extended. I like a lot about him and didn’t really want to move him but I wasn’t going to be able to give him what he wanted to extend him myself.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Fernando Bears”