2057.15: Another Less Heralded Bear Shines in Second Season

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2057.15: Another Less Heralded Bear Shines in Second Season

Post by BaseClogger » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:27 pm

9/12/2057

Michael Schultz drew the headlines last season when he exploded onto the scene. The rookie was the league’s #13 overall prospect overall and he couldn’t stop hitting dingers. But an even younger corner outfielder also debuted in San Fernando, then 21 year-old Tommy “Twinkletoes” Harrison.

Harrison performed well in 2056 in Schultz’s shadow on the other side of the outfield. He batted .295/.348/.481 and compiled 29 extra-base hits in only 264 ABs.

Now Harrison’s 2057 production dwarfs the more hyped Schultz. His batting line of .340/.392/.599 easily sets the team pace in OPS and approaches 4 WAR of production. The two players differ in that Harrison is a more pure hitter who will hit for higher batting averages. Harrison has significant platoon tendencies that will somewhat limit his playing time, but he’s the far superior defender when compared to Schultz.

“Twinkletoes” Harrison has some draft pedigree having been a 2nd round pick. He was acquired by San Fernando in a trade with Des Moines back in 2053. At the time he was seen as a modest trade return for his now teammate, Roberto Rivera. Rivera was having a down year and earning $15M in 2053. Des Moines was trying to snap a long-time streak and wanted to add depth. I held Harrison back as long as I could but he steadily produced and rose thru the ranks of my minor league system. He was never ranked as a top 100 prospect.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Return to “San Fernando Bears”