The Buffalo Rag 1995.1

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

cramsey51
Ex-GM

The Buffalo Rag 1995.1

Post by cramsey51 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Not much has been worth writing about this season here in Buffalo this season. :bag: Well something eventful finaly occured the past few sims that will definetly help the Bisons. The amateur draft has taken place and the team had the top overall pick as well as the first pick in each remaining round for for all 20 rounds. Here are the highlights:

Cletus Bullrush, Jr was the top overall selection of the draft and is a promising SP prospect. After some development through the minor leagues he will be a devastating pitcher that will provide an awesome 1-2 punch along side of SP Amen Mitrani.

In the second round the Bison picked up speedy OF Robert 'Wacko' Laperle. With Laperle's speed, he brings great defensive prowess as well as the ability to steal bases at will. He should be decent at the plate posting an average around .260 and hitting about 15-20 homers.

Moving on to the third round, Buffalo picked up a wide eyed high school shortstop, Chandler Orm from Los Angeles, CA. He has an amazing knack for hitting to the gaps and hitting with some pop. Although, he won't hit for average very well and he can be a liability in the field, but not enough to worry about.

In the fourth round, the Bison picked another productive outfielder in Richard 'Fingers' Veasey. He can hold his own at the plate and can excel at getting balls into the gaps :shock:

Overall, most top picks joined the team by signing a minor league contract and receiving a negotiated signing bonus save one. Seventh round pick SP John Ballance out of Fordham Prep HS in Bronx, NY broke off negotiations an decided to go to college. Buffalo will receive a compensation pick in next season's amateur draft. Buffalo management is more than pleased with the draft selections of this class and should yield some dividends in the coming seasons.
Chris Ramsey
MBBA - Buffalo Bison GM 1995-2001
580-554 overall record
1999 FL League Champs
1999 FL Manager of the Year

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: The Buffalo Rag 1995.1

Post by recte44 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:08 pm

I had my eye on a few of your midround picks, so I approve your draft. :)

cramsey51
Ex-GM

Re: The Buffalo Rag 1995.1

Post by cramsey51 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks for the reassurance of my scouting :hi5:
Chris Ramsey
MBBA - Buffalo Bison GM 1995-2001
580-554 overall record
1999 FL League Champs
1999 FL Manager of the Year

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Fernando Bears”