2016.02 - Buffalo Sauce - Disappointment in Buffalo

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

mrbornac
Ex-GM

2016.02 - Buffalo Sauce - Disappointment in Buffalo

Post by mrbornac » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 am

It's hard to blame an injury on the defeat of the Bison to the New Orleans Crawdads in the Frick League finals, so we won't put it all on the loss of Mike Swanson when we needed him most.

The reality however is that we could not hit the ball well enough against the great pitching of New Orleans. A team batting average of just .222 and a team OPS of .646 were not enough to overcome just average performances by our pitchers for the most part. There were some stars, and I don't want to say no one came to play, but over all, Eric Oliver, Carlin Adie, and the duo of Domingo Fierro and Pedro Monsalve were not enough to overcome lackluster performances by Jesus Garza, Rusty Johnson, and the pair of bright young pitchers Justin Alexanderand Edward Simpson.

How badly will the arbitration hearings burn me this year? The choices around Carlin Adie's team option and the late possibility to bring back Sean McVeagh will likely have to be denied just because of the unpredictable nature of the arbitration hearings to come.

I am afraid this is a very dark time in Buffalo indeed.
General Manager
Buffalo Bison : 2002 - ?
Record 1,496 - 1,582 .486 (The wheels came off)
Twitter: @mbba_Bison

2017 Landis Memorial Champions
2017 Frick League Champion
2017, 2016, 2007, 2004 FLA Winner
2014, 2017 Frick League Wild Card Winner

Return to “San Fernando Bears”