The Buffalo Rag 1997.1

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

cramsey51
Ex-GM

The Buffalo Rag 1997.1

Post by cramsey51 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:09 pm

The Bison have meddled in mediocrity for most of the 1997 season. Following a run at the wild card last seaosn, expectations may have been too high, placing a little too much pressure on the team. Althoug, this past sim Buffalo pulled out all the stops and went 8-1, playing all of their games on the road. This was especially surprising since coming into the sim, Buffalo was only 10-23 on the road.

The pitching has been middle of the road this season, with only Amen Mitrani really pulling his weight in the rotation. Last season standout Katarou Sadao and offseason pick up Jim Cramer have not done so well. The bullpen has been harsh, causing management to call up superstar-in-waiting Cletus Bullrush, Jr.. He has looked great in limited appearances.

On the offensive side, things are a bit brighter. Catcher Rod Smart is matching last season's numbers. Although he is sharing time with rookie Jeremy Hunter. Finding time for both of these fellows to play has been a nice problem to have. 1B Kevin Maas is bettering his numbers he posted last season, going 316/401/557 while relegated to duties as a player against RHP. Across the diamond, Ryan Savaikie is improving in his third year in the league. While in the outfield, rookie Eric Lockett is making the most of his call up.

Despite the slow start, the recent explosion for the team has put them in the wild card hunt for this season. Trailing the co-leaders by only 3 games. If the Bison can keep the heat on them, it may come down to the wore again, just like last season.
Chris Ramsey
MBBA - Buffalo Bison GM 1995-2001
580-554 overall record
1999 FL League Champs
1999 FL Manager of the Year

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: The Buffalo Rag 1997.1

Post by aaronweiner » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Actually, Cramer right now is pitching pretty well. If his ratio wasn't so good, I'd be nominating him for the Vanilla Ice Award (Mr. Average).

Could we get some kind of sort that gives us players that qualify that finish with an ERA+ or OPS+ of 100? I'd love to actually start a Vanilla Ice award.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: The Buffalo Rag 1997.1

Post by recte44 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:38 am

I forgot what a stud Mitrani was. Also, I forgot all about Bullrush, he was our first #1 overall pick in the new MBBA!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Fernando Bears”