2059.01: Bears' Development Lab Participants

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2059.01: Bears' Development Lab Participants

Post by BaseClogger » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:54 pm

11/7/2058

Maybe if I share my 10 players in the development lab--like Ron did--you'll consider doing the same so we can all learn about it together.

27 year-old SP Morgan Tomsett would be a poster child for this feature if not for his age. He spent the whole 2058 season in the Bears' starting rotation making 31 starts. For his career, he's a league average pitcher with tremendous rating potential if he can hone his curveballs in the next 3-4 months.

No other San Fernando infielder made more starts at second than rookie 2B Takeichi Suzuki. He's got a league average bat and is average-ish defensively too. Still just 23 years old, the left-handed Suzuki was limited to 0.4 WAR due to his base running more than anything else. He'll train on the fundamentals for 5-6 weeks.

C Augusto Annis is a pretty good catching prospect but his fragile injury rating is especially not ideal for that position so he'll train his strength and conditioning for 3-4 months.

24 year-old SP Omar Thind has been slow to develop but still holds 7-5-5 potential. His secondary offerings are close but his 3 control will make it difficult to get AAA hitters out. As a result, Thind will spend 3-4 months improving his control.

CF Hector Garcia is one of the newest members of my organization after being acquired in the Sammy McNeill trade. He immediately bumped a point of contact and looks like he could be a decent enough hitter even in a corner outfield spot. His 8 outfield range should make him a plus defender but his 3 outfield error rating won't do him any favors defensively. Therefore he'll train his defense for 5-6 weeks.

Offense has been the calling card for prospect C Manny Trujillo who's hit over .300 at every minor league stop. Whether or not he will actually catch games in the BBA is still an open question as he's primarily DH'd. Trujillo will train his defense for 5-6 weeks in hopes of sticking at the position.

Like Tomsett, 24 year-old 2B Etugrul Inonu is an ideal candidate for the development lab thanks to his slow development. We'll attempt to kickstart his plate discipline with a 3-4 month training program. It was down to that or power, and I think discipline will give him a better chance to thrive in the high minors.

I gave 3B Luis Avila a $5M signing bonus last season so lets use the development lab to train his defense for 5-6 weeks. He's clearly got the bat for the hot corner after hitting .279/.324/.476 in A-ball as a 21 year-old but that's not going to cut it at first base.

Finishing off his power development could secure CF Kamatari the opportunity to play in a corner outfield spot too where his defense better profiles. He'll work on his bat speed for the next 3-4 months.

And, finally, our youngest dev lab participant, CF Jim Sitton has struggled to hit so far in the minors in part because of his 2 avoid K's rating. We figure spending the next 3-4 months focusing on his two-strike approach is the best use of his time.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 2059.01: Bears' Development Lab Participants

Post by Trebro » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 pm

Thank you for sharing. I'll be getting to mine soon to post.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

JRamirez
GBC GM

Post by JRamirez » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:21 pm

Looks like a lot of great choices for the facility
Cairo Pharaohs (GBC), from 2058 offseason

RT60
BBA GM