2053.6: Preparing for Offseason Hibernation

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2053.6: Preparing for Offseason Hibernation

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:04 pm

The 2053 San Fernando Bears made a flurry of final transactions in preparation for the trade deadline and roster expansion. Below is a round-up of the roster moves I made.

3B Kenan Reis Traded
I took a risk claiming Kenan Reis off the waiver wire back on May 13th since he had a $2.8M contract and I wasn't going anywhere this year. It paid off, as I was able to parlay him into prospect Cristobal Cruz at this year's deadline. Cruz isn't anything special, but he's still a teenager and has some untapped potential. I'm able to fill Reis's spot in the lineup with veteran Ron Ritchie, who isn't all that much of a dropoff, especially considering he bats left-handed.

Expanded Roster Promotions
My September call-ups this year were Stan Cyr (returning from injury rehab), Hilton Davila, and Heui-Song Park. Cyr now has a month to show me he's more than a corpse after a poor showing in April with the Bears and two bad starts for AAA during his rehab. Davila is likely gone this offseason since he is out of options and has been one of the league's worst hitters over the last two years, but I had an opening for another platoon bat to face lefties so maybe he shows something. Park gives me a third catcher and somebody to compete with Shi-Min Xi, who looked solid as a 24 year-old in 2052 but has been atrocious this year.

Farm System Clean-Up
Since BBA roster expansion causes me to pull some players up from AAA, I like to take the sim as an opportunity to prepare my minor leagues for the next season. I released most of my veteran impending FAs I had stashed in AAA as injury insurance policies. I added some teenage free agents to add to my Rookie league team, and then cascading talent upwards in preparation for how I plan to set my rosters in 2054. This also aligns players with their more age appropriate league, something the game is going to start enforcing in 2055.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Return to “San Fernando Bears”