2051.3: Good News Bears - First Half Performers

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2051.3: Good News Bears - First Half Performers

Post by BaseClogger » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:06 pm

Below is a summary of the five most impressive first half performances for the 2051 San Fernando Bears.

Roberto Rivera - 3B
The one true standout for the Bears, Roberto Rivera, is still on the IL--six weeks after spraining his knee--for an unknown amount of time. Before succombing to injury, Rivera hit .318/.357/.542, playing third base. The 27 year-old's all-star game selection solidifies him as a star player for the Bears. San Fernando has Rivera under contract for one additional season at a reasonable salary. "Contact me with inquiries if this guy ever heals his sprained knee," said GM Imber.

Carlos Flores - 2B
Another San Fernado selection to the 2051 BBA all-star game was second baseman Carlos Flores. The 28 year-old, bat-first Flores is hitting .295/.349/.495. He's now a fixture at the top of their batting order and is the primary gameplan against left-handed pitching. With one season remaining under contract, "he's available," said GM Imber.

Tyler Ober - 1B
More good news for the Bears is the resolidification of Tyler Ober as a starting caliber first baseman. He's batted 246/.360/.477 and started 94 of their 98 games, despite his platoon splits. With 22 home runs already this season, the 25 year-old Ober has two more years left under contract and is "less available" according to GM Imber.

Reggie Vargas - DH
It's not impressive that Varagas has hit .271/.350/.480 as a monstly DH in his home ballpark, but GM Imber is siked. "About what I expected!" the executive exclaimed in a recent interview. That's good enough to make thie list for this sorry crew.
editor's note: this is what happens when a story gets pitched in my mind several sims ago and my team plays like dog poo.

Ricardo Moreno - SP
Not a sexy early season signing by San Fernando, but their one year, $5.5M investiment in starting pitcher RIcardo Moreno has modestly paid off. Moreno has the second lowest ERA at 4.44 (106 ERA+ in Chico's Bail Bond Field) behind a fading quickly Gusby Pinkerton. HIs FIP is also second lowest on the staff behind youngster Zach Davis (Davis has too high of an ERA and doesn't have enough innnings to be considered here). This Moreno might make sense as a fifth starter for a playoff contender with injury problems.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Return to “San Fernando Bears”