58.3- Fish Story

GM: John Momberg

Moderator: chicoruiz

chicoruiz
BBA GM

58.3- Fish Story

Post by chicoruiz » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:03 pm

It seems like only yesterday that all of us BBA general managers sailed into these waters, looking for a rich haul of free agents every time we flung our nets into the deep blue sea. But already one gets the sense that this area is getting fished out; that what’s left isn’t so much the prime yellowfin tuna… it’s at best those weird looking fish with both eyes on the same side of their heads. That being said, let’s look at what the Atlantic City Gamblers managed to haul in during the most recent casting of their nets:

The closest thing to a prime catch this time was P Yoriyuki Ine. Ine was released last year by Charm City, and I don’t know the story behind that, but my standards are obviously a lot lower than Charm City’s, so I was very glad to get him. He’s a solid lefty reliever, which is a new thing for me- most of my bullpen southpaws have been guys who washed out of the rotation for good reason. Despite him missing all of 2057 for whatever reason, I’m feeling good about Ine.

Past that, well… P Harith Kadar will compete for a bullpen slot. Scouts like him, but he hasn’t really built much of a resume yet. C Jake Rising will try to satisfy my longing for a righty-hitting catcher. He’s had almost 500 games of BBA experience, and he brings a .270-ish bat and pretty good framing skills to the party. His acquisition means that I’m even more motivated to trade Spencer Clough, if anyone reading this is interested in a lefty catcher with pop, available for a song. P Ron Fay will ply his trade at AA Trenton this season. And 3B Arnaldo Badaloni is a glove-first IF probably ticketed for short-season Bogota.

Then I snagged a couple of guys in the Rule 5 draft. P Nick Clark is 29 and has been yo-yoing back and forth between the majors and the high minors for the better part of a decade, most recently in the Nashville organization. He’ll join the open casting call for the bullpen. And Julio Bodon is a Swiss army knife; he plays a number of positions, several of them pretty well. He’ll probably never hit enough, though, so it’s very possible he’ll be sent back to Charm City.

I am continuing to cast my nets out in these waters, but I suspect most of what I haul in from this point on will be old boots, rusty beer cans, etc…
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 58.3- Fish Story

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:54 am

No worries, we have low standards here in San Antone as well.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 58.3- Fish Story

Post by Dington » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:08 am

Stealing my players in rule 5 just for the halibut?
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Atlantic City Gamblers”