57.19- How I Spent My Morning

GM: John Momberg

Moderator: chicoruiz

chicoruiz
BBA GM

57.19- How I Spent My Morning

Post by chicoruiz » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:24 am

July turns to August, and here I sit in my little temporary (I hope) office, as usual looking for something to do.

The draft is over and everyone is signed. The all-star break has happened. I’ve hired a couple of new coaches, but that’s about all I can get done on that front. I have a bit of budget space, but investing more money into the 2057 Gamblers would be akin to lighting it on fire. I need to find a project before I make a stupid trade out of boredom…

I know… the Gamblers Hall of Fame! The thing that currently occupies the prime spot that was once my office. I’ll work on that…

I begin researching the possible candidates for an induction this year. Ernesto Gonzalez would be a prime candidate, but I just signed him to a two-year extension. Seems embarrassing to have an active player in your hall of fame…

I peruse the all-time team leader board, and find that it is filled mostly with the names Flores and Rivera. Two guys I traded. If I thought inducting Gonzalez would be embarrassing, inducting two guys I traded away would be even worse. Lucky for me they’re both still active, so I have an excuse…

I finally find a guy. Don’t know much about him- he was before my time- but he’s got the resume; he probably should have been inducted quite a while ago. Now all I have to do is find him and convince him to come to Atlantic City for the ceremony.

There… that killed a morning. Now what else can I do to kill the afternoon?
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 57.19- How I Spent My Morning

Post by trmmilwwi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:42 am

Nice! Make sure to paint the restroom walls before hanging the plaque!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Atlantic City Gamblers”