57.18- A Relocation

GM: John Momberg

Moderator: chicoruiz

chicoruiz
BBA GM

57.18- A Relocation

Post by chicoruiz » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:44 pm

I had to go and open my big mouth…

It was a quiet Wednesday a week ago, and I was in my spatial office, contemplating on Michael Harris. Michael was our All-Star representative last season, hitting a solid .300 at the break. Now, exactly one year later, he was struggling to keep it above .200 at AAA Wilmington. How could a guy fall so far so fast? It looked like he was headed to the Gamblers Hall of Fame at least…

Hall of Fame… Something clicked in my reptilian brain, and I called for my secretary, Sandy.

“Sandy”, I began, “I’ve been all over this new stadium, and I think I’ve seen every nook and cranny of it. But I’ve never seen the Gamblers Hall of Fame. Where exactly is it in the stadium?”

“Um… Actually, it’s in your supply closet over there.”

“Our Hall of Fame is in a supply closet???”

“Well… In the old stadium all the portraits of the old players were in a hallway that the players walked past on the way to the clubhouse. But they kept defacing them- you know, drawing moustaches on them with markers, or word balloons that had them saying sex stuff. So when we opened the new stadium, we just decided to stuff everything in a closet until e could figure out what to do.”

“Geez, Sandy, that’s just an unacceptable situation. Despite our recent problems, this team has a pretty solid history, and we need to give the fans a nice place where they can honor the Gamblers that came before. I want you to identify the largest space in the stadium that could be converted into a Hall of Fame, and that’s where we’re going to put it. No exceptions for anyone, I promise.”

And that’s how I lost my spatial office.

For the time being, my office is a small space that used to be the trainer’s supply room. It reeks of Ben-Gay; as soon as I walk in there my nostrils dilate to the size of garden hoses. I’m working on finding a better space, but in the meantime, I don’t know, maybe the smell will increase my alertness and I’ll make some smarter deals. Hey, a guy can dream…
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 57.18- A Relocation

Post by Jwalk100 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:06 pm

Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg (8.44 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 57.18- A Relocation

Post by trmmilwwi » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:42 am

Dire straits.