Boardwalk Empire - 2035.19 - Dornster Extended

GM: John Momberg

Moderator: chicoruiz

Joshua Biddle
Ex-GM

Boardwalk Empire - 2035.19 - Dornster Extended

Post by Joshua Biddle » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Gamblers, Dornster Agree to Six-Year, $112 Million Extension

Any uncertainty regarding the future of Bucky Dornster (7/6/7/8/7 Talents) in Atlantic City came to an abrupt end as the Atlantic City Gamblers and the three-time Diamond Glove Award winner agreed to a massive six-year, $112 million contract extension that will keep him in Atlantic City through at least the 2040 season. The extension will kick in next season, with Dornster still earning the arbitration-determined $10 million figure for this season. The reported structure of the contract is $12.5 million during the 2036 season, $19.5 million during the 2037 season, $26 million during the 2038 season, $19 million during the 2039 season, $18 million during the 2040 season, and a $17 million team option for the 2041 season with a $2.5 million buyout.

At a press conference to announce the contract extension, GM Joshua Biddle said “Bucky has meant a ton to this franchise since his arrival via trade. He brings a steadiness in his approach, is an elite defensive third baseman, and is a great on-base guy with some pop. We’re convinced he hasn’t completely filled out in terms of his potential at the plate, so we remain optimistic that there could still be room for improvement, which is exciting. We’re happy as an organization that he’ll be around, and we know the fans are happy because believe me, there were letters coming in left and right about keeping him. Of course, those didn’t play into our decision, but this extension was the best reply that those fans could have received.”

Dornster stated, “I’m happy this contract stuff is out of the way, looking forward to getting back on the field. Glad it will be here in Atlantic City for many years to come.”

A few notable Dornster quotes, which the fans love, occurred during a brief Q & A session that followed:

Q: “Bucky, why here? It’s no secret this team has been in a downtrend in recent years.”

A: “It’s a nice atmosphere. I like my teammates. We have the odds stacked against us so it’s fun going out there with a chip on our shoulders. Also like the beach during off hours, nice to take a book to the shore and just chill there all afternoon. From Cincinnati, so never exactly had an ocean nearby. “

Q: “Any splurges you’ll be making with the money?”

A: “Let’s just say that a significant portion of my home is about to look like a public library”

Dornster finished the 2034 season hitting .275/.370/.454 with 96 runs scored, 26 doubles, 6 triples, 23 home runs, 78 RBIs, 1 stolen base in 1 attempt (1.000 success rate), and a 5.5 WAR in 599 at-bats, tying a career-high in home runs, and setting a career-high mark in runs scored and WAR. For his BBA career, Dornster has hit .273/.352/.433 with 372 runs scored, 124 doubles, 27 triples, 80 home runs, 330 RBIs, 25 stolen bases in 69 attempts (.362 success rate), and a 17.5 WAR in 2,612 at-bats across five plus seasons with the Halifax Hawks (now Nashville Goats) and Atlantic City Gamblers. Defensively, he has a career .983 fielding percentage, +54.2 zone rating, and 1.045 defensive efficiency in 6,248 innings at third base (721 games).

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Boardwalk Empire - 2035.19 - Dornster Extended

Post by RonCo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:52 pm

I like Dornster a lot, but that's a lot of grub for a 3-4 WAR player.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Atlantic City Gamblers”