2058-18 Deadline Deals

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

2058-18 Deadline Deals

Post by Knucklehead254 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 am

Well I've certainly been a bit busy the past few hours.. lets give a quick recap on who's coming and who's going (from the major league team).

Going:

RP Alberto Romero

One of three signings I made during the 2057 Free Agency period in an attempt to rebuild my bullpen, Romero had a pretty good season, pitching a 1.59 ERA. Thus he was the only one of the three to sign a one year extension, although this year he regressed pretty hard. He hovered around 3.80 ERA over the first three months of the season before having it balloon up to 5.50 ERA by today. His stuff has regressed slightly but he should still be more than serviceable.

LF Martin Hemming

This one kind of stings a bit, since after all he was my first ever waiver claim, which took place in 2055. After Andrew Wright had an absolutely nightmare start to the season, Hemming was brought in to fill in games at left field, and made a good impact. He's always been a reliable starter, not necessarily all-star like but held down the spot for a little over 3 years. Unfortunately we could not agree to a contract extension past this year so he became somewhat expendable if I could find a better option. He'll be a great corner outfielder somewhere.

1B Pancho Costa

Manny Toledo was not working out at first base for me in 2056, so a deal was made involving him to Charlotte for Costa. He would help lead the team to my first playoff appearance as GM of the Mounties, hitting .290 with 9 home runs in 49 games. Pretty solid to start, and I was happy to have him for a full 2057 season before a strained hamstring knocked him out for 3 months midseason. He was still pretty good but his playoff numbers both years? Brutal, 3 hits in 35 at bats.. Of course I still signed him to an extension anyways which at the time I felt would line up with him regressing while Pena could take his spot at DH. Unfortunately for Costa, that happened this year, as Raul Pena has taken over the DH spot full-time which left Costa as a kind of albatross until I could get him off the cap. I feel he still has some value somewhere else, just probably not at $5 million a year. (also don't remind how amazing Toledo has been doing since, I already know).

Coming:

RP You-Cheng Hang

'Hey how's it hanging?' I asked him on the phone. Nah just kidding, I'm not that cheesy. But in wake of needed some more stability at bullpen to help close the season, I brought in Hang due to his ability to get righties out. It's a bit of a re-union for me as well, since Hang was on the 2054 Sydney Sharks roster when it was taken over by a young handsome GM (me). I of course hung him out to dry when I left the Sharks during the offseason for Vancouver but I'm glad to be able to bring him here.

LF Jeffrey Smith

It was 10 years ago when Jeffrey Smith was dealt in a convoluted 9 player trade to Portland. Who was the team that traded him? The Vancouver Mounties. Now he returns. Smith is undoubtedly a future hall of famer and half of his storied career comes from playing as a Mountie. In 10 years with the team he accumulated nearly 40 WAR, made three all-star teams, and lead the league in RBI's once. After leaving the Mounties he became a champion with Mexico City in 2052, and has made the last four all-star teams. Maybe he could be the missing piece I've needed to make a run for the title. Might as well go All-In.
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: 2058-18 Deadline Deals

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

Smith is a great fit for your team before considering what hat he wears into the HoF. His gap power certainly plays better in your park than mine.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”