2058-17 Boiled Over

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

2058-17 Boiled Over

Post by Knucklehead254 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:10 am

One thing that you may have noticed with how I've built my team is having a heavy focus on pitching and defense. Since I've joined the Mounties back in 2055 we've always finished near the top of team pitching statistics. Last season was proved this as we lead the Frick League in ERA among other things. This year our starters have been pretty good at keeping their ERA low, nobody on the rotation is currently above 4 ERA, and two of them are currently under 3 ERA (Steve Warren is currently under 2 ERA!). That being said, our bullpen has been rather.. inconsistent this year. I mean we rank 7th in the FL in Bullpen ERA. Rodney Keeley and Xuan Ngo have lead the way for the most part and even Ross Brown is having a breakout season. Unfortunately it's been difficult to have guys around that do better than that. Bill O'Connor completely fell off this year after having a great season last year, which ultimately ended with him being dealt to Bikini to get out of his $3 Million salary next year. Alex Brayton has done ok, while Dave Cain has shown flashes but is hovering around 4 ERA.

Alberto Romero has also been extremely disappointing after an impressive season last year, leaving me to almost trading him to.. again.. Bikini. But that's not exactly what happened. So as I was making some pasta for dinner one night I had seen Bikini updated their block to include relief pitcher Dvimurdhan Sameer. I took a gander and saw impressive ratings but a near 6 ERA. Still I was interested, and Bikini GM Ron Collins let me know he would cost $100,000. That's when i realized I could kill two birds with one stone. I offered that if I pay a little bit more money, he could free up a bit of my cap by taking Romero. After all, Sameer would be replacing him anyways. He was good with the idea and wanted [REDACTED]. So of course I countered with a price a bit below that. Right after I sent that message, disaster struck..

I heard hissing noises coming from the stove top. Oh shit! I hadn't stirred the noodles for a few minutes and the water was began to boil over the pot onto the stove. I set my phone down to essentially lift the pot off the stove to stop the water from coming out and stirred the noodles around for around 30 seconds. After that I returned to my phone to read Ron's response. "Heh.. make it [REDACTED] and it's a deal." Great that works for me.. wait there's another message..

"hang a second....more interest coming in. (INSERT RON COLLINS SMILEY FACE HERE)

...FUCK

Why noodles.. why have you forsaken me. So now I'm in a bidding war with another fricken team, which came down to, 'throw me your best offer, I'll accept the better one.' God dammit I always lose in these. On one hand I really did want to have this pitcher but I also didn't want to overpay. Long story short, I lost and he got traded to.. SACRAMENTO. This is not the first time that shoeless has taken someone from me that I wanted. Well at least we've gone on a hot streak since and have started being contenders for the playoffs again but as far as I'm concerned I never want to see noodles ever again for the rest of my life. I get nauseous just thinking about them.
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2058-17 Boiled Over

Post by trmmilwwi » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:02 am

Noodles!?! Noodles? Noodles!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 am

These are the best types of TN posts IMO.

With your ballpark and playing in the Pacific you should always be in the upper half of pitching rankings.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

For the wont of a noodle...

That said, Sameer's first outing in Sacramento was a bit adventurous.

---------------

Pitching: RHP Dvimurdhan Sameer
Batting: RHB Jeffrey Smith 0-0: Ground out 4-3 (Groundball, 4, EV 104.4 MPH)
Batting: LHB Tommy Harrison 0-0: Swinging Strike
0-1: SINGLE (Line Drive, 5D, EV 103.8 MPH)
Batting: RHB Michael Schultz 0-0: Ball
1-0: Called Strike
1-1: Ball
2-1: Ball
3-1: SINGLE (Groundball, 6MD, EV 103.1 MPH)
Tommy Harrison to second
Runner from 2nd tries for 3rd, OUT! 8-5
Bottom of the 6th over - 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 errors, 1 left on base; Sacramento 1 - San Fernando 1

BOTTOM OF THE 7TH
San Fernando Bears batting - Pitching for Sacramento Mad Popes : RHP Dvimurdhan Sameer
Batting: LHB Don Moore 0-0: Called Strike
0-1: Ball
2-1: Called Strike
2-2: Ball
3-2: Foul Ball, location: 3DF
3-2: Foul Ball, location: 7LSF
3-2: Base on Balls
Batting: RHB Roberto Rivera 0-0: Ball
1-0: Ball
2-0: Ball
3-0: Called Strike
3-1: Base on Balls
Don Moore to second
Batting: LHB Takeichi Suzuki 0-0: Ball
1-0: Called Strike
2-1: Fielders Choice at 2nd, 3-6 (Groundball, 34, EV 88.1 MPH)
Don Moore to third
Batting: LHB Clinton Tyler 0-0: Ball
1-0: Ball
2-0: Ball
3-0: Base on Balls
Takeichi Suzuki to second
Pitching: LHP Ludwig Werberg
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Krathan
BBA GM

Post by Krathan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:37 pm

This was a fun read.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”